|Primary location||Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory, Health and Food Science Precinct, 39 Kessels Road, Coopers Plains.|
|Business group||Biosecurity Queensland|
|Closing date||Friday 3 January 2020|
|Contact for further information||Dr Ian Anderson – +61 (0)7 3708 8747|
|Job ad reference no.||QLD/332241/19|
· Conduct, manage and report laboratory-based disease investigations, surveillance, health and regulatory testing.
· Provide expert advice on the interpretation, diagnosis and control of complex disease cases based on your disease investigation skills and demonstrated knowledge of aquatic veterinary pathology.
· Provide advice to clients on sample submission to the laboratory and result interpretation.
· Ensure that diagnostic activities are carried out in line with quality requirements according to NATA and ISO 17025 standards.
· Participate in quality assurance programmes including proficiency testing and internal and external review processes to ensure continuous maintenance and improvement of diagnostic standards.
· Provide advice to industry to support the development of biosecurity plans for aquaculture facilities.
· Using specialist expertise to support field, operational and policy work as required.
· Work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team, maintaining a high standard of work and provide assistance to other areas of the laboratory at the request of the Laboratory Manager.
· Work across the Animal Biosecurity and Welfare program to help manage and build an effective organisation.
· The successful applicant must hold a mandatory Bachelor degree majoring in Veterinary Science from a recognised tertiary institution.
· Current or eligible registration with the Queensland Veterinary Surgeons Board.
· While not mandatory, post-graduate qualifications or ANZCVS membership, would be well regarded.
· Experience in, or ability to learn, both terrestrial and aquatic pathology would be highly regarded.
332241 19 – Role Description (1).docx
Queries to –