It has been said that material published in textbooks are 10-years-old and that the information published in journals are one-year-old. The web might be the only place where we can remain current and be at the forefront of knowledge.
So, this is why I’ve created this post. The material in this post is to provide updates for purchasers of the Fish Vetting series of educational material.
These are truly investments that keep on giving. Make sure you save a link to this page/post and check it regularly.
If you don’t already have a copy of these brilliant publications, get yours now at TheFishVet’s site
Doctor Loh brings theory down to Earth and provides a practical approach to fish vetting with his series of publications.
I’ve simplified the link to something you can remember – http://tinyurl.com/FishVettingSeriesUpdates
Fish Vetting Essentials (2011):
- Page 19: Fish Anatomy – FVetEssn_Anatomy.pdf
- Page 38: Include The Fish Vet’s Ultimate Aquaponics Design – https://thefishvet.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/rich-aqpon-set-up-20130116.pdf
- Page 83: Bacteriology – FVetEssn_Bacto.pdf
- Page 86-7: Haematology & Serum Biochemistry – Fish Clin Path Update.pdf
- Page 154-5: Method of Administration, Per os – https://thefishvet.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/fvetessn_peros.pdf
- Page 179: Adverse drug log- https://thefishvet.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/fvetessn_adversedruglog.pdf
- Page 207: For Australia’s National List of Reportable Diseases of Aquatic Animals, check out DAFF’s (Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry) table of nationally reportable diseases at this link – http://www.daff.gov.au/animal-plant-health/aquatic/reporting/reportable-diseases
Fish Vetting Medicines – Formulary of Fish Treatments (2012):
- Chloramine T – Chloramine T.pdf
- Florfenicol – https://thefishvet.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/fish-vetting-medicines-formulary-of-fish-treatments-florfenicol.pdf
- Oxytetracycline – https://thefishvet.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/oxytetracycline.pdf
- Vitamin B12 – Parenteral dose is 20 mcg/kg BW.
Fish Vetting Techniques and Practical Tips DVD (2014):
- Water quality testing – See link
- Stages of fish anesthesia – See link
- Setting up an anesthetic circuit for fish – See link
- Cleaning and disinfecting equipment with Virkon – See link
- Treatment of uncomplicated skin ulcers – See link
Additional information for aspiring fish veterinarians:
- Roles for Aquatic Veterinarians – See presentation
- Resources for Aquatic Veterinarians – See presentation
Visit TheFishVet featuring in The Fish Doctor’s Youtube Channel for more useful videos.