Mindarie warning: WA Department of Health tells public not to eat ‘toxic’ fish, crabs or shellfish
The Department of Health has warned people against eating fish, crabs or shellfish collected from Mindarie Marina – because of fears of paralytic poisoning.
The department’s environmental health director Jim Dodds said a potentially toxic microscopic algae called “Alexandrium spp” had been detected during recent testing.
Anyone who has consumed any of the fish caught recreationally is urged to seek urgent medical help as the outcome can be muscular paralysis.
WATCH REPORT –
Subscribe to our NEW YOUTUBE Channel!
Follow me on: Facebook "Fin Page" – YouTube – Blog – Linkedin – Twitter
Dr Richmond Loh DipProjMgt, BSc, BVMS, MPhil (Pathology), MANZCVS (Aquatics & Pathobiology), CertAqV, CMAVA, NATA Signatory.
Aquatic Veterinarian & Veterinary Pathologist
THE FISH VET, AUSTRALIA – PERTH | SYDNEY | MELBOURNE | TOWNSVILLE | BRIBIE ISLAND
Mobile Aquatic Veterinary Medical & Diagnostic Services.
- W: http://www.thefishvet.com.au
- Ph: +61 (0)421 822 383
- Mail: PO Box 5164, East Victoria Park, WA 6981, Australia.
- Skype: thefishvet
- President WAVMA 2014
- Adjunct Senior Lecturer Murdoch University