A veterinary science degree takes around 5 to 6 years of study, depending on the university.
Australia has 7 universities offering undergraduate veterinary science courses.
- Murdoch University, Perth WA – where Drs Richmond Loh & Alistair Brown attended.
- University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW – where Dr Lucie Nedved attended.
- University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria.
- Charles Sturt University, Wagga Wagga, NSW.
- James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland.
- University of Adelaide, Roseworthy, SA.
- University of Queensland, Brisbane, Qld.
Once you graduate, you will need to register with the veterinary registration board in any state you will practice in. Registration with the board is your licence to practice veterinary medicine in that state.
Once you have completed this initial degree, you can start post-graduate studies towards specialising in a variety of species or disciplines:
- Aquatic Animal Health (Fish)
- Animal Reproduction
- Animal Welfare
- Avian Health
- Emergency & Critical Care
- Small Animal Medicine
- Small Ruminant
- Unusual Pets
- Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia
- Veterinary Behaviour
- Veterinary Dentistry
- Veterinary Oncology
- Veterinary Pharmacology
- Veterinary Public Health
- Zoo and Wildlife Medicine
Follow this link for more detailed information – https://www.anzcvs.org.au/chapters/
Follow me on: Facebook “Fin Page” – YouTube – Blog – Linkedin – Twitter
Dr Richmond Loh DipProjMgt, BSc, BVMS, MPhil (Pathology), MANZCVS (Aquatics & Pathobiology), CertAqV, CMAVA, NATA Signatory.
Aquatic Veterinarian & Veterinary Pathologist
THE FISH VET, AUSTRALIA – PERTH | SYDNEY | MELBOURNE | TOWNSVILLE | BRIBIE ISLAND
Mobile Aquatic Veterinary Medical & Diagnostic Services.
- W: http://www.thefishvet.com.au
- Ph: +61 (0)421 822 383
- Mail: PO Box 5164, East Victoria Park, WA 6981, Australia.
- Skype: thefishvet
- President WAVMA 2014
- Adjunct Lecturer Murdoch University
- See advert on YouTube.
- Looking for more books? Check out this site.