The Fish keeping “industry” is full of myths. People are being advised to do all sorts of crazy things, most of which have no evidence behind them. Over the years, however, I have found a number of strategies that seem to be effective at curing fish diseases.
Here are 6 steps that actually work.
1. OBTAIN a correct diagnosis, often can’t tell what’s wrong just on clinical signs alone. Need evidence, water results, microscopic examinations, laboratory testing, whatever it takes.
2. Don’t stop at the first diagnosis. There may be more than one thing wrong.
3. Choose the right medicine class to suit the diagnosis.
4. Select the best method of administration.
5. Stick to plan, and keep your veterinarian informed with regular updates.
6. Be able to change plans to suit unique situations.
DIAGNOSIS, it helps you know what to do.
DOWNLOAD the latest version of our Services Manual here – TFV-Services-&-Fees-2017 (postal address updated 23/2/2017).