Fish health advice – do you know who to ask?

Looking for help for your diseased fish?

Try your local veterinary clinic or hospital. Otherwise, try googling "fish+vet".

If you still can’t find one, hobbyists can contact the local koi/fish clubs for a list of registered veterinarians they might work with.

For fish farmers, contact your industry representatives to locate a qualified fish veterinarian.

Please be aware that, for legal reasons, veterinarians are prohibited from diagnosing a disease or recommending treatment without a valid veterinarian-client-patient relationship. We therefore recommend you find a veterinarian willing to accept clients, or who can visit your place to correctly assess your situation.

Try this link to find an aquatic veterinarian in your area:

If your local veterinarian is unfamiliar with fish, or would like assistance on a clinical case, please ask them to contact us.

Remember, only a registered veterinarian has the license to practice veterinary medicine. Unless they’re a registered veterinarian, they are legally not allowed to consult (e.g. make a diagnosis, medicate, or prescribe treatments) whether they collect monies or not.

Yours sincerely,

Dr Richmond Loh
DipProjMgt, BSc, BVMS, MPhil (Pathology), MANZCVS (Aquatics& Pathobiology), CertAqV, NATA Signatory.

Aquatic Veterinarian & Veterinary Pathologist.

Aquatic Veterinary Medical & Diagnostic Services.
Ph: +61 421 822 383


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s