How to work as a registered veterinarian in Australia?

Many have asked how they can work in Australia as a veterinarian. Whether Australia would recognise their overseas degree.

The short answer is that they’d need to have a degree from an educational institution that is recognised by the Australasian Veterinary Boards’ Council (see the document below). And satisfy the theory and practical exams.

For more information see –

See also, their homepage –

Follow me on: Facebook "Fin Page" YouTube Blog Linkedin Twitter

Yours sincerely,

Dr Richmond Loh
DipProjMgt, BSc, BVMS, MPh (Pathology), MANZCVS (Aquatics & Pathobiology), CertAqV, CMAVA, NATA Signatory.
Aquatic Veterinarian & Veterinary Pathologist
Mobile Aquatic Veterinary Medical & Diagnostic Services.
Ph: +61 (0)421 822 383


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s