The conference is timed to stream “live” between 14.00 and 22.00 BST on the 3rd and 4th of May. Except for the keynote presentations the other talks will all be “on demand” from 14.00 on the 3rd May (intially available for one month). To gain access to all the talks you will need to register prior to the conference.
The conference will be hosted via – http://wavma.vetacademy.net/
What do registrants get to learn? Check out the comprehensive list of topics below!
Five keynote Presenters:
- Ron Roberts – Veterinarians and Fish Health 1890-2015
- Mohamed Faisal – Emergence and resurgence of the Viral Hemorrhagic Septicemia Virus
- Greg Lewbart – : Advances in Aquatic Invertebrate Medicine
- Keith Davenport – The Social Economic Benefits for Wild Capture of Ornamental Fish
- Simon Davies – Creating tomorrows robust fish through superior nutritional strategies
- Devon Dublin – The importance of the Satoyama-Satoumi concept in the matrix of the One Health Initiative
- Dave Scarfe – Current & Future Aquatic Veterinary Education to Support Aquatic Animal Producers/Industries
- Jamie Lam – A literature review of Koi Herpesvirus: biosecurity and risk mitigation
- Laura Urdes – The Role of Veterinary Education in Fostering Aquaculture DevelopmentMatt Metselaar – Veterinary Strategies for diseases of unknown cause or treatment
- Nick Saint-Erne – Recirculating Filtration Systems in Ornamental Fish Aquaculture
- Paul Schroeder – Refining the unrefinable? The perennial debate on applying animal welfare standards to fish husbandry and procedures
- Richmond Loh – Biosecurity and new-fish protocol for pet koi
- Rob Jones – Veterinary role in assisting aquariums to conserve the Grey Nurse shark (Carcharias taurus) in Australia
- Stephanie Grimmett – The Eyes have It (ocular diseases)
- Trista Welsh-Becker – An introduction to salmonid medicine and the veterinary feed directive
- Willie Wildgoose – Buoyancy disorders of goldfish seen in veterinary practice
Other planned talks:
- Dusan Palic – two part talk on Fish innate immunology and blood cell identification
- Jena Questen – on KHV Vaccines use and experience
- Chris Walster – 2 talks on animal health economics and possibly one based on the IVSA welfare talk we put together.Rod Wilson – Physiological effects of CO2 in RAS systems
- and more!
And possibly replay some of the popular favourite topics:
- An introduction to aquatic medicine
- Water Quality 101
- Common diseases in ornamental fish
- Diseases of Dolphins
The keynotes will be streamed live with live Q&A sessions. All other speakers will be “on demand” during the conference and available post conference to those who have registered. Q&A’s for speaker talks and keynotes once streamed live will be handled in online “chat rooms” through the LMS system we will be using. This provides a unique opportunity to not only ask questions of speakers but also debate topics with your colleagues.
So please SIGN UP this weekend and make this a WAVMA-event to remember.
Follow me on: Facebook "Fin Page" – YouTube – Blog – Linkedin – Twitter
Dr Richmond Loh DipProjMgt, BSc, BVMS, MPh (Pathology), MANZCVS (Aquatics & Pathobiology), CertAqV, CMAVA, NATA Signatory.
Aquatic Veterinarian & Veterinary Pathologist
THE FISH VET, AUSTRALIA (Perth, Melbourne & Townsville).
Mobile Aquatic Veterinary Medical & Diagnostic Services.
Ph: +61 (0)421 822 383
President WAVMA 2014
Adjunct Lecturer Murdoch University