This looks like it’d be the dream job for fish vets. See below.
From: “Dr. David Scarfe”
Date: 17 September 2014 6:49:39 AWST
Subject: AquaVetMed e-News: Associate Veterinarian Position Available – Georgia Aquarium, Atlanta, USA
September 16, 2014
Associate Veterinarian Position Available – Georgia Aquarium, Atlanta, USA
The Georgia Aquarium is seeking applicants for an associate veterinarian. This individual will report directly to the Director of Animal Health. Compensation for this position includes a competitive salary and full benefits, including support of continuing education.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· DVM or VMD degree from an AVMA accredited college or is ECFVG certified
· A Georgia veterinary license or the ability to obtain one within 3 months
· Minimum of 3 years of experience with full time practice in aquatic animal medicine; ACZM diplomat status preferred
· Strong leadership skills; previous experience supervising/mentoring staff, volunteers and/or students preferred
· Willingness to participate in gross and clinical pathology procedures
· Willingness to participate in scientific studies and clinical projects
· Above average ability to organize, manage time and set priorities while meeting deadlines
· Effective problem analysis and resolution skills and the ability to be flexible and shift priorities to meet needs
· Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality
· Superior verbal and written communication skill
To see more information about this position go to http://tinyurl.com/nash39x.
The following application materials should be submitted electronically to Tonya Clauss (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 15 October 2014:
· a curriculum vitae or resume
· a letter of intent reflecting the applicant’s goals in the area of aquatic animal medicine
· 3 letters of recommendation, two of which should be written by veterinarians
Subscription and Contributions: Interested veterinarians and veterinary-allied professionals can subscribe, unsubscribe, or contribute pertinent news or information, by sending a message with “For AquaVetMed -” and the topic in the subject line, to email@example.com. If e-News information is used elsewhere please acknowledge AquaVetMed as the source. Encourage individuals to subscribe rather than distribute through list serves.
Note: Undelivered e-mails will not be resent; Subscribers will be deleted from the list after repeated undelivered or bounced messages and will have to re-subscribe. Messages may contain attachments that will have been scanned for known viruses.
Visit our website: http://www.avma.org