The Australian Animal Pathology Standards Program (AAPSP) has a fishy side!
RSVP: 15 August.
The itinerary for the 2-day workshop which will be presented in WA (Wed 27 – Thur 28 Aug, 2014):
- Introduction & basic anatomical differences – what they mean for pathologists
- Immunological and physiological differences, and how these influence pathology.
- What is different about the pathogens and host reactions (and what is the same)?
- Differences in routes of exposure.
- What is different about the pathogens and host reactions?
- Nutritional problems – what we know.
- Exotic diseases – national and State issues.
- Pathology as part of the puzzle – complex cases, finding the cause.
In WA there will also be talks presented by Dr Cecile Dang (Principal Research Scientist), Dr Fran Stephens (Fish Pathologist), Dr Jo Bannister (Fish Pathologist) and Mr Paul Hillier (Fish Health Manager), all from Dept Fisheries, WA. These talks will provide information on local issues and research.
Contact Megan Wyllie (MWyllie@animalhealthaustralia.com.au) and prepay AU$827.00 (GST exclusive) for the 2 day workshop.
See the following link for more details – aapsp fishpathology jhandlinger
Dr Richmond Loh
DipProjMgt, BSc, BVMS, MPhil (Pathology), MANZCVS (Aquatics & Pathobiology), CertAqV, NATA Signatory.
Aquatic Veterinarian | Adjunct Lecturer Murdoch University | President WAVMA | Secretary Aquatic Animal Health Chapter – ANZCVS.
THE FISH VET, Perth, Western Australia, AUSTRALIA. Mobile Aquatic Veterinary Medical & Diagnostic Services.
Ph: +61 (0)421 822 383