I had a client who lost their entire tank of discus to toxic when they had someone re-do their wooden floors. How could this have been prevented?
You could move your entire tank somewhere else? Re-home them? What if it’s not possible?
What I suggest (but wonder if it’d work) is to do the following:
– stop feeding fishes for 2-3 days prior tithe event to decrease the tanks’ oxygen demand.
– turn off the aerator to prevent the toxic fumes from being pumped into the tank.
– heavily plant the tank and turn the lights on for the duration to ensure oxygen supply by the plants.
– keep the filter running and also run charcoal through the system to adsorb harmful chemicals.
– seal the top of the tank with several layers of glad wrap and tape all the edges to ensure there are no gaps.
– cross your fingers that it’ll all work out well.
Any more precautionary measures you can add would be most appreciated.