I’ve surrendered myself to adopting the misnomer, The Fish Doctor. I guess a fish veterinarian is a doctor for fish… well that’s how I often have to explain, what I’d thought was already self-explanatory…
Anyway, in our newest social media platform on YouTube, we take you through the amazing ways we as veterinarians can help heal our aquatic animals from all sorts of diseases.
I also hope that it becomes apparent that it’s almost impossible to make a diagnosis, let alone give advice for treatments without having physically examined the patient.
Watch some of our popular videos on the following topics:
- How to treat a floating goldfish – link
- How to treat fish with intestinal worms (white stringy faeces) – link
- How to identify and treat white spot disease in fish (ich) – link
- How to differentiate the causes of dropsy and their treatment – link
- Treating fish that is not eating and is floating – link
- Diagnosis and treatment of egg-bound goldfish – link
- Diagnosing and treating koi pond parasites – link
- Surgical removal of skin tumour from a Betta – link
Please note that the opinions expressed on this channel and by Dr Loh are created for educational and informational purposes only, and are not intended as a diagnosis, treatment or as a substitute for professional Veterinary advice, diagnosis and treatment. If you have a question or concern about your own fish, please consult a local Veterinarian or professional to address your needs or concerns, or for advice on specific treatments for your aquatic pets.
The Fish Doctor Channel does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, medical treatments, pharmaceuticals, brand names, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation. Names are for the information and education of the viewing public, and the mention of any of the above on the channel does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by The Fish Doctor channel or Dr Loh.
Dr Richmond Loh DipProjMgt, BSc, BVMS, MPhil (Pathology), MANZCVS (Aquatics & Pathobiology), CertAqV, CMAVA, NATA Signatory.
Aquatic Veterinarian & Veterinary Pathologist
THE FISH VET, AUSTRALIA – PERTH | SYDNEY | MELBOURNE | TOWNSVILLE | BRIBIE ISLAND
Mobile Aquatic Veterinary Medical & Diagnostic Services.
- W: http://www.thefishvet.com.au
- Ph: +61 (0)421 822 383
- Mail: PO Box 5164, East Victoria Park, WA 6981, Australia.
- Skype: thefishvet
- President WAVMA 2014
- Adjunct Senior Lecturer Murdoch University